Teachers College, Columbia University Grants & Finance Manager, The Klingenstein Center in New York, New York
Grants & Finance Manager, The Klingenstein Center
Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/677/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=508441&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job no: 508441
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Business/Accounting/Finance
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Working closely with other Klingenstein Center employees with budgetary responsibility and in collaboration with the Department of Organization and Leadership, the Budget Administrator contributes to the smooth operation of the Center by managing the budget. The Budget Administrator will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining the operations budgets and research grants and budgets of the Klingenstein Center. This includes processing various requisitions and payments, overseeing honoraria payments and submitting said payments, preparing salary payments for Adjunct Faculty, Graduate Assistants, and Research Assistants, submitting reimbursements, requesting contracts, making requisite budget transfers, and generating budget reports to assist budget planning, as necessary. The position will be responsible for tracking all of these transactions and ensuring that funds are encumbered and budget lines are balanced. Budget Administrator will report to the Director of the Klingenstein Center.
● Oversee all financial aspects of the Klingenstein Center's programs: full year master's, two summer master's, heads of schools, summer institute, dual degree MA/MBA, and the Klingenstein general fund.
● Review monthly Banner Reports and reconcile budget with TC expense reports.
● Submit budget transfer forms as needed.
● Provide the Center’s Director with a monthly budget report.
● Liaise with the TC Budget office and Grant's Office, the Ed Leadership Program Manager, and the Organization and Leadership DAA.
● Meet with Klingenstein Fund executives as required by endowment agreement.
● Track monthly donations to the Center.
● Prepare the Klingenstein Center budget in association with the Director with input from the rest of the Center staff members.
● Collaborate with TC offices to contribute as necessary to the year end report for the Klingenstein Fund.
● Assist with the various budgets for Student Scholarships.
● Oversee payroll by arranging for payment of all adjunct faculty and consultants.
● Submit Personnel Action Forms (PAFs and ePAFs), reappointment forms and change forms.
● Ensure all necessary hire paperwork is completed and submitted to the Department and Human Resources.
● Lead operational support for the Center’s two fully-funded grant programs: Heads Fellows Program and Klingenstein Summer Institute.
● Communicate regularly with the Klingenstein Center Director.
Bachelor's degree; Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience.
Two years of related experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask.
Strong communication and writing skills.
Deep knowledge of and experience with technology in general and Excel specifically.
MBA or equivalent work experience.
Effective communication skills.
Familiarity with BANNER and budget experience at least at the department level.
Ability to navigate complex and ambiguous processes and systems.
Ability to collaborate regularly with a team.
Flexible regarding emergent needs of the organization.
Knowledge of industry practices and trends.
Knowledge of or experience with Independent School budgets or college/university budget systems.
Advertised: 06 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time