Citigroup Head of Citi's Business Continuity Management in New York, New York
Citi is seeking a Head of Business Continuity Management (BCM), reporting to the Global Head of Operations and Technology Risk and Control within the Enterprise Infrastructure O&T organization, to lead Citi’s BCM Program globally
for all Citi businesses and functions. The Head of BCM will define Citi’s strategies to establish resilient processes and technology and oversee the design and implementation of business recovery plans to minimize impact should a business
disruption occur. The candidate will lead a global team of BCM professionals and work extensively with Citi’s senior management to develop and deliver an industry leading BCM Program. The candidate must have extensive business
continuity and crisis management and industry experience in a leadership position, possess exemplary communication skills and demonstrate a record of accomplishment and excellence in delivery.
• Drive thought leadership and required enhancements to Citi’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program, recovery strategies and crisis management capabilities, aligned with evolving business and technology strategies
(Robotics, Cloud, etc.), in conjunction with global/regional business and technology leaders
• Work to evolve business continuity efforts to achieve global requirements to make Citi operationally resilient. This role will be required to understand the key concepts, help define Citi’s critical business services and related impact tolerances, will also be integral in the creation of scenarios and testing Citi’s critical business services.
• Continuously evaluate risks to Citi’s business processes and technology, including cyber threats, to maintain alignment of resiliency and recovery strategies to mitigate these risks
• Lead BCM planning and recovery strategies across all Citi businesses and regions to implement recovery capabilities and testing processes to maintain Citi’s readiness to recover from business disruptions
• Direct business, technology and third party recovery activities in the event of a disruption of business activities
• Partner with Citi's Office of Emergency Management to establish and operate an effective process to manage and crises which may occur
• Build strong interaction with Citi leadership driving business and technology strategies to architect resilient business processes, determine impact on recovery strategies and adjust as necessary
• Lead Citi’s Continuity of Business Risk Operating Committee and provide updates to Citi leadership of the state of the BCM Program
• Establish and report metrics when measure the effectiveness of the BCM Program and support early and timely detection, reporting, escalation and remediation of risks and issues
• Engage with auditors, risk and control organizations across all Lines of Defense to evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the BCM Program and demonstrate its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Lead interactions with regulators, auditors and independent risk management organizations for audits/examinations which encompass BCM
• Work with regulatory bodies across the jurisdictions within which Citi operates and build industry connections to stay abreast of leading practices and influence and align with the evolving regulatory landscape.
• Provide effective governance and highest level of commitment to Citigroup’s BCM program, policies and standards in our overall BCM Program Administration.
• 15+ years Business Continuity Management governance and execution experience, with 5+ years in a senior leadership role
• In depth knowledge of operations, technology and business processes within a global financial services organization• Evidence of delivery of results with strong execution skills
• Knowledge of emerging threats, changes in processes/technology and how they impact continuity and recovery strategies
• Unquestionable integrity and objectivity, with ongoing commitment to excellence and the ability to operate in diverse environments and cultures
• Expert ability to analyze a complex set of data and able to extract information critical to determining potential risk to the organization
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with and influence senior management
• Excellent written communication skills required to document updates to senior management and the Citi Board, as-wellas defining policies, procedures and standards to drive BCM Program requirements
• Strong planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities through the effective use of time management and organizational techniques.
• Demonstrated strength in people management and team building and the ability to work well with both seasoned and inexperienced team members, track performance, communicate expectations, and anticipate, recognize and address
Bachelor Degree, with MBA or advanced degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE at https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility.html .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE at http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeoaapolicy.pdf .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_unformattedESQA508c.pdf .
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs