David Yurman Head of Communications and Social Media in New York, New York
Work to create and execute global communications strategy for women’s jewelry, High and Fine Jewelry and energize the brand through all communication touch points, specifically by exciting consumers about the DY brand through traditional and non-traditional media coverage. Also, educating consumers about the heritage and DNA of the brand through qualitative Public Relations. Lastly, elevating the brand perception through quantitative and qualitative editorial.
· Manage and implement public relations strategies.
· Lead all PR initiatives including print, digital, broadcast, and influencer strategies and programs
· Evolve digital influencer strategy
· Manage social media and editorial on owned channels
Work with PR team and agencies to promote brand moments on social media.
Work to grow and manage influencer network
· Create and execute annual public relations strategy in support of marketing initiatives, new and existing product and corporate branding efforts.
· Manage and partner with agencies in the US, Paris, and LA to ensure product placements and feature stories in national and foreign publications through events and press programs.
· Identify, develop and maintain media relationships with key print, online and broadcast press contacts.
· Create, manage and execute press activities such as seasonal press previews, editor appointments, and gifting.
· Prepare the production of publicity collateral, media alerts, press kits, and press releases.
· Spearhead daily editorial outreach; pitching/seeking out editorial opportunities in-line with communications strategy.
· Support wholesale and retail in-store programming with local/national PR outreach where applicable.
· Collaborate with events, advertising, CRM and e-commerce teams to develop cohesive public relations plans and to maximize press in domestic and international markets.
· Manage editorial pulls and press sample collections, and coordinate photo shoots.
· Work with security for photo shoots; delivery to and from magazines.
· Fulfill press interview and press meeting requests.
· Manage weekly, monthly and annual press impression reporting.
· Prepare and fact check all credit information and public relations collateral for editors.
· Oversee media library.
· Responsible for reporting and presenting editorial, and event coverage through newsflashes.
· Manage and track all invoice payments for PR department and work with the senior director to maintain the PR Budget.
12-15+ years of Public Relations experience within an agency, corporation or in a related industry sector.
Established media, celebrity and VIP contacts. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
BA/BS degree – Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism are preferred majors.
External Company Name: David Yurman
External Company URL: http://www.davidyurman.com/
Street: 24 Vestry Street