Amazon Web Services HPC GTM Specialist FinServ in New York, New York
Are you passionate about working with Financial Services companies on their cloud computing strategy and its potential to overcome some of the biggest challenges in High Performance Computing (HPC)? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping enterprises think through how to modernize their large analytical batch computing workloads to scale as needed and optimize to leverage cloud computing performance and efficiency?
AWS is looking for a seasoned Go-to-Market leader who can define and execute the strategy that addresses the computational needs facing the Financial Services segment, by working with customers and finding use cases that take full advantage of the dynamic nature of cloud computing. We are seeking a driven, talented, and experienced business leader to develop and scale our High Performance Computing business with select customers in the Financial Services segment who understands technical and regulatory trends impacting the financial services industry, the different HPC use cases and trends, and capable of identifying initiatives and driving scalable enterprise customer engagements for AWS.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new customers, new use cases, and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding Financial Services accounts, to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams, and solution architects, you will help customers leverage the scale and performance of AWS to cost-effectively solve their most challenging problems.
Your background in cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to scale their infrastructure on the cloud. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required. Domain and working experience with different financial services segments (capital markets, banking, insurance, payment) would be essential for this role. A keen sense of Ownership, Insist on Highest Standards, and Bias for Action is a must.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of business development, go-to-market development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
• 5+ years selling (and/or working with) technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services to financial services industry.
• 5+ years working experience with HPC solutions such as TIBCO GridServer, IBM Symphony, Microsoft HPC Pack, FIS Prophet, and others.
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is a key.
• The right person will help identify use cases and market segments and develop a go-to-market strategy to drive growth. This person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs