Ross Stores, Inc. HR Sr. Generalist in New York, New York
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Senior Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing various HR-related duties at a professional level. They will provide a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role by offering guidance on performance management, employee relations, and HR policies. This position will be required to develop and facilitate positive relationships with business leaders and associates.
- Act as HR point of contact for business leaders and associates for all transactional support, providing high levels of responsiveness and follow through
- Provide high quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Facilitate new hire orientation sessions
- Conduct performance management and open enrollment training sessions after editing/updating materials as needed
- Administer termination processes including conducting and analyzing exit interviews and coordinating with managers to ensure proper termination for all exiting employees
- Provide guidance and service to employees in relation to policies and procedures, absence and health issues, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Provide guidance and service to management regarding performance management by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating and implementing potential solutions and helping managers handle performance improvement/individual development documentation
- Assess opportunities as identified through 30 day touch bases and other interactions with associates to help create tools/resources to set managers up for success in working with their direct reports
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other business meetings
- Maintain HRIS records and compile reports from the database
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
Perform all other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- 3 years of previous Human Resources Generalist experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills; including oral and written communications, listening, and presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively set priorities and manage a high volume of activities in a flexible manner
- Positive, energetic, comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Acute attention to detail
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Proficient in MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint