Nature America, Inc Human Resources Assistant in New York, New York
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: [group.springernature.com](https:%20//group.springernature.com/gp/group) and follow [@SpringerNature](https:%20//twitter.com/SpringerNature)
The HR Assistant is the central hub of the HR department and contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives throughout the full employee life cycle from recruitment to hire to termination. The ideal person has an interest in developing a career in Human Resources and will have the opportunity to support our team of HR Managers, Director, and VP in a fast-paced, global matrix work environment.
- Coordinate the onboarding process including conducting new hire orientation meetings, creating arrival notices and welcome emails, and coordinating digital new hire documents
- Provide administrative support of employee terminations, to include scheduling departure meetings, creating termination letters and departure notices
- Provide support in recruitment activities, such as posting jobs, distributing offer letters and new hire materials, conducting reference checks and requesting background screenings, etc.
- Create, maintain and organize HR employee files (physical and electronic) and I-9 forms in accordance with employment law requirements and internal records retention policy
- Support the Vice President of Human Resources with business travel arrangements and ad hoc meetings, communications, and projects
- Coordinate department meetings and take accurate notes
- Manage department invoices, reconcile department credit card, and liaise for payment inquiries
- New York Notary Public (company sponsored)
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
**Experience, skills and qualifications**
- Bachelors degree with minimum one year of professional-level Human Resources experience
- Understanding of general HR processes, and experience providing support to the full employee life cycle (e.g. recruiting, on-boarding, termination)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel required; knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Must be well-organized with superior attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Able to work with a great degree of independence and successfully navigate a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive HR data
- Experience in a global organization a plus
- Experience with ATS systems Success Factors an advantage
- Experience with HRIS systems Dayforce a plus
If you are an internal applicant, please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
*At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.*
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity IsThe Law poster:
Visitthe Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at[www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs](http:%20//www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs "http: //www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs")for more information about ourResearch E& P career opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity