Axis ILS Originations and Structuring Lead in New York, New York
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
ILS ORIGINATIONS AND STRUCTURING LEAD
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking, and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
AXIS Reinsurance is looking to expand its ILS team to include an individual that will play an integral role in:
1) Managing existing investor relationships and capital invested in property catastrophe sidecars, catastrophe bonds, joint ventures and other ILS structures
2) Supporting Head of AXIS ILS in the development of the AXIS ILS strategy and the annual plan supporting achievement of the strategy
3) Partnering with the ILS team in the identification of target investors, development of relationships and raising capital from institutional investors, hedge funds, asset managers and private equity
4) Creating and capitalizing ILS vehicles through collaboration with segment and group underwriting teams to build diversified portfolios of underwriting risks balancing investor objectives with AXIS’ underwriting objectives
5) Coordinating with Finance, Reserving, Operations, Legal and other support functions to ensure appropriate investor servicing processes are established and maintained.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Experience in ILS and catastrophe reinsurance
Expertise in RMS and/or AIR
Demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis with strong modeling and presentation skills
Experience interfacing effectively with all levels of seniority and investors, both internally and externally
Proven self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to solve problems independently
A minimum of 7 years work experience with the ability to 1) independently lead transactions and 2) coordinate with a broad team within the firm to create successful outcomes
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
Experience in the insurance sector and ILS modeling
Strong client focus and organizational skills
Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.