Alvarez & Marsal Transaction Advisory Group, LLC Intern â€“ Global Transaction Advisory Group (TAG)â€¯â€¯ in New York, New York
About A& M
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) for leadership, action and results. Privately held since its founding in 1983, A& M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services. When conventional approaches are not enough to create transformation and drive change, clients seek our deep expertise and ability to deliver practical solutions to their unique problems.
With over 6, 000 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams, leverage A& M's restructuring heritage to help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what's really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
For more information on our firm and practice, please visit www.alvarezandmarsal.com and www.am-globaltag.com.
Global Transaction Advisory Group (TAG)
TAG is a subsidiary of A& M, an established leader in providing global leadership and advisory services to a variety of diverse industries. TAG professionals specialize largely in providing financial and accounting buy-side and sell-side due diligence, capital markets and accounting advisory, global transaction analytics, ESG advisory and other related M& A services for private equity, hedge funds, sovereign wealth, family office and corporate clients around the world.
A& M's Transaction Advisory Group has an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in New York, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Nashville, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
We are seeking highly motivated Accounting students with a strong academic record who are interested in getting a jump start on their careers while gaining valuable real-life work experience in a fun and challenging environment. Does this sound like you? Are you ready to explore the world of due diligence? If so, consider joining our team's 2023 Summer Leadership Academy & 2024 Summer internship program. During your internship, you will have both formal and on-the-job training to help you develop the technical and client skills necessary for a successful career.
What will you be doing?
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our highly motivated and effective team of professionals on a variety of interesting projects across different industries including but not limited to manufacturing, distribution, consumer, retail, restaurants, business and industrial services as well as healthcare, software & technology, energy & infrastructure, and financial services. You will gain exposure to our integrated due diligence approach that goes beyond the traditional quality of earning analyses and focuses on key value drivers for sponsors and lenders. Our integrated due diligence approach combines our deep operational, functional and industry expertise with Big Four quality financial accounting and tax services to drive value throughout the investment lifecycle.
- Assist with core financial due diligence by helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of businesses against industry benchmarks, and aid in theevaluation of potential transactions in the context of client investment strategies.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data.
- Synthesize and convert this data into meaningful information used to make observations, support discussions with target management and drive conclusions.
- Assess the quality of the target company's reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After investigative analysis, assist in the construction of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial, and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows. Aid the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client's valuation and sale, purchase agreement and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company management and with client personnel.
Who will you be working with?
We are not a typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial accounting professionals who embody the A& M Core Values - integrity, quality, objectivity, fun, personal reward and inclusive diversity while delivering a tailored and scalable approach to working with private equity, hedge fund, and corporate clients. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on performance, not your tenure.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A& M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. This includes performance-based career progression and promotion process, high quality practice-wide training programs, a global mobility program, rotation opportunities in other practice areas, employee resource groups, and a health and wellness program. A& M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities.
- Must be actively pursuing an Accounting degree at an accredited college or university with intent to meet CPA exam eligibility requirements (150 credit hours) upon graduation
- Eligible candidates should be in the 3rd year of a 4-year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5-year degree program
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for accounting and financial due diligence
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Inclusive mindset with readiness to embrace diversity and contribute to positive workplace culture
- Ability to thrive and produce high quality work in fast-paced settings
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility to work as both a team member and as an individual contributor
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- All candidates applying for U.S.-based job openings must have authorization to work in the United States without need for sponsorship now or in the future.
The hourly rate is $35 per hour.
Interns are not eligible to participate in Alvarez & Marsal's fringe benefits programs. Click here for more information regarding A& M's benefits programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00 Maximum Salary: 0.00 Salary Unit: Yearly