Persistent Systems LLC Intern - Electrical Engineer (Summer 2024) in New York, New York
Job Description & Responsibilities
Persistent Systems is looking for a talented Electrical Engineer Intern with experience in circuit design to join our team during the Summer of 2024. The position involves assisting in the design, development, and prototyping of the electronic assemblies for next generation products and/or upgrades to current products. Responsibilities also include developing documentation, testing, and technical support to manufacturing.
- Assisting with defining system and circuit level requirements
- Assisting with the design of circuits, performing analysis/simulations, and creating schematics
- Assisting layout engineers with PCB design
- Interfacing with Mechanical Engineers to assure all packaging and thermal constraints are met
- Assisting with hardware and software testing
- Assisting in the development of concept prototypes
- Providing technical support to Operations
Job Qualifications & Experience
- Must be working toward a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or a related field or have equivalent experience
- Experience with digital and analog circuit design
- Familiar with methods of the design of high-speed hardware
- Applicant must have a security clearance or able to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of audio/video encoder/decoders and interfaces
- Exposure to Embedded Firmware Development in Assembly, C and/or C
- Experience in electromagnetic capability (EMC) testing and design
- Knowledge of internal and external data buses such as SPI, I2C, LAN, USB, PCIe, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
The base pay for this role can vary from $25 to $30 an hour on individual qualifications. Eligibility for yearly discretionary bonus. Persistent Systems, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid time off (sick time and vacation time); flexible spending accounts; 401(k) plan with company match; fitness membership reimbursement; tuition assistance; mental health benefits; and pet discounts.
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay. The company's industry leading R& D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting-edge Wave Relay system and technology. Wave Relay is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00 Maximum Salary: 0.00 Salary Unit: Yearly