GlobalFoundries Intern - Facilities Environmental Technician in New York, New York
- Position is for day shift. Overtime may be required. Emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- The ability to operate and provide Reliability Centered Maintenance to a wide variety of environmental systems and equipment.
- The ability to recognize and respond to system and equipment malfunctions on a solo basis.
- Utilize the computer to document and communicate system status and issues. Use of all site operation systems, including shift logs to communicate and collaborate across all three shifts.
- Familiarity with and utilization of tools and practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Working in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all seasons 50% or more.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Enrolled in a 2 Year Technical Degree or Certification program in Machining, Engineering Technology, Math, Science, or a related discipline.
- Fluency in English Language â€" written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands:
- Able to perform shift work if needed, including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBAL FOUNDRIES protocol/requirements.
- Able to wear all required Tool Room and Clean Room protective clothing and proper PPE when required throughout a work day, excluding breaks.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (stock/project manipulation) and/or mechanical work.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.