GlobalFoundries Intern - Facilities I&C Technician in New York, New York
**Summary of Role:**
GLOBALFOUNDRIESis looking for skilled Instrument & Controls (I&C)
Technician Interns to work in the facilities organization. Tasks will
include but are not limited to working with senior Staff and Engineers
learning all computerized control systems and their associated
subsystems within the Facilities Organization supporting our
Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility. 98% of all systems are networked
Modicon PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) which report into our
multiple GE (General Electric) iFix SCADA (Supervisory, Control and Data
Acquisition) systems. These higher level systems then allow for remote
alarming, monitoring, control, and reporting, to our various facility
teams, as well as, our enhanced alarm and trending systems. The
successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter which is able to
work in a team environment with a primary focus on customer satisfaction
and a commitment to excellence and quality. They will need to have an
understanding of programming, electrical interfacing, networking
concepts, computer configurations, and HMI's (Human Machine
Interfacing). Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are
important and sometimes required.
- Troubleshoot PLCs, Networks and Communications, and make necessary
PLC logic changes as required to simplify and standardize like
- Interface with Engineering on all System/Equipment concerns and
- Perform preventive maintenance activities and visual inspection
tours, documenting performance metrics on state of the art 300mm
- React to error messages on building and site systems and/or
equipment, recover from process and tool interruptions.
- Utilize computers to document and communicate system status for all
site operation systems, including shift logs to collaborate across
all shifts. Familiarity with and utilization of LEAN tools to ensure
continuous improvement, utilization and costs.
- Work in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical
handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all
seasons 50% of the time.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. Strong
team member, able to work well with a global team, new team members
as needed based on assignment, while able to prioritize and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously in an effective manner
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure
appropriate computing and analysis of statistical data:
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures, read Facilities
Building and Sub-System prints to complete tasks and required
- Effectively demonstrate solid work performance in an environment
requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, supporting
all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and
- Education: Pursuing a Technical / Associates / Bachelor Degree from
an Accredited College and or University in Mechatronics, Science,
Engineering, Computer, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or related
discipline or Military Equivalent.
- Experience: 0-2 Years of Relevant Experience
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout
the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to
perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position
for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Semiconductor, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, and I&C / PLC
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing,
process equipment, and a cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand Logic, Sequencing, and Programming.
- Must be "hands-on", and be able to work in the field alongside
operators and Technicians.
- Familiarity with hand tools and ability to utilize a DMM (Digital
- Knowledge in Equipment Control Systems, ie PLCs, Single Loop
Controllers, SCADA's etc.
- Knowledge in Instrumentation and Final Control Element Devices.
- Knowledge in Ethernet Networks and Communications.
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies &
- Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please contact us by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your
request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be
considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to
from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the
successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as
applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace
and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its
business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business
necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people.
Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective
and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including
recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation,
benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and
implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital
status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national
origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or
any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or