WNET Intern, Production Management in New York, New York
The overall responsibility of the Production Management is delivering a project on time and on budget and varies for each unit. The Production Management department can cover every aspect of production from recruitment to post production and delivery and everything in between. From a single camera long running documentary to a live multi camera show, there are so many different areas for interns to be involved.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The student will:
* Help prep and organize shooting requests, log booking requests and organize production binders.
* Assist the Production Manager on various shoots and with Post Production needs of various units.
* Assist with Engineering and Control Room responsibilities including posting schedules, collecting timesheets, and more.
Most of our projects include daily or weekly shoots (single or multi-camera) and the intern will experience the pre-production phase which includes reviewing the concept of the project and then organizing all of the elements for a successful shoot or show. The intern will have access to help with equipment and, if interested, learn how to set up camera packages and lighting. Access to post production and editing depends on the summer post schedule for projects.
The student is expected to gain an overall knowledge of all aspects of production (pre-production, production and post delivery)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES:
* Go to wnet.org/careers to search available internships (type intern in the search box and select part-time ) or click on the link below to apply online directly.
* UPLOAD YOUR RESUME, PROOF OF ENROLLMENT AND COVER LETTER FOR YOUR APPLICATION IN THE MY EXPERIENCE SECTION UNDER RESUME/CV .
* Your proof of enrollment must show that you are enrolled in school during the semester to which you are applying; our internships are not available to students who have already graduated.
* If you know your schedule/availability for next semester, please provide it.
* Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
* Internship offers are contingent upon your passing of our mandatory background check which requires a valid social security number.
* No phone calls, please.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME, PROOF OF ENROLLMENT AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION IN THE MY EXPERIENCE SECTION UNDER RESUME/CV .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILES:
RESUME OR CV
COVER LETTER DESCRIBING YOUR INTEREST IN THIS PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT/INTERNSHIP POSITION
PROOF OF ENROLLMENT (MUST BE CURRENT FOR SEMESTER OF THE INTERNSHIP) CAN BE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS:
CURRENT ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION CERTIFICATE FROM THE NATIONAL STUDENT CLEARINGHOUSE
COURSE SCHEDULE FOR UPCOMING SEMESTER
WNET is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and endeavors to comply with the relevant provisions of all Civil Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity laws and regulation
Employer's Job# R0000207
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.