Emergent Holdings, Inc. Internship Operations Analyst REMOTE in New York, New York
Senior Health Services is hiring an intern to assist with a program landscape analysis and business improvement opportunities to include automating vendor invoice validation with Microsoft Access. Keeping member experience top of mind, this project will compare program performance with member experience to produce recommendations and consolidation opportunities. The intern will also identify opportunities to improve quality by reviewing internal processes.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
- Develops value stream maps to consolidate opportunities and highlight member journey
- Gather internal voice of the customer and improvement opportunities to streamline business operations
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how company and business works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
- Have status as a rising freshman, at least 18 years-old, who is enrolled in or has completed a vocational insurance-related program, with some college credits.
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better as of the most recent grading period.
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for this summer.
- Be available to begin employment between late-May and mid-June.
**EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:** Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses.
**EXPERIENCE:** With proper education credentials no experience necessary. Previous work experience preferred.
**SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:**
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work is performed in a remote office setting with no unusual hazards.
- The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimal skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \\"at will\\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \\"at will\\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.