City Harvest is seeking a detail-orientedJunior Supply Chain Analystwho will be responsible in assisting the Supply Chain North America team in administrative and data analysis capacities. In addition to overseeing the processing of 150-200 monthly invoices, the candidate will provide support in all aspects of drafting narratives, reporting and data management.
This position reports to the Senior Supply Chain Analyst and would work remotely full time until office capacity restrictions are updated. In-person presence is required on a weekly basis and a flexible remote work schedule will be available once City Harvest moves all operations to our new facility in Sunset Park West, Brooklyn expected at the end of summer 2021.
Invoicing: Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of 150-200 monthly invoices, including requesting invoices from food donors and communicating externally of any payment issues.
Data stewardship: Responsible for data entry and reconciliation, including the creation and maintenance of donor accounts in the Customer Relationship Management software (CRM) and accurate entry into the Inventory Management System (IMS). Will support and maintain best practices in database quality checks, working with internal stakeholders to address any inconsistencies or missing data.
Reporting and Analysis: Assists with Supply Chain reporting projects by reviewing and maintaining accurate data within CRM and IMS. Provide support in analyzing historical data and trends to project and communicate changes in Supply Chain operations. Includes compiling and running weekly and monthly reports to communicate progress on food sourcing goals and budget.
Documentation: Compile and draft narratives for various reports and presentations, as needed. Ability to communicate and update the Supply Chain narrative for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines in a high-paced environment.
- Timely follow up and attention to detail.
- Ability to think/work independently, using good judgment when situations arise for when there is no established protocol.
- Ability to extract, analyze and create a narrative based on data from a variety of sources.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate necessary information to team members in a remote work setting.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements for purchasing or logistics a plus.
- Previous experience in customer service, logistics or administrative services.
- Experience handling difficult situations and producing agreeable results.
- Detailed oriented, highly organized and enjoy coordinating activities.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and make time-bound decisions.
- The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic.
There are many fantastic reasons to choose a career with City Harvest. In addition to fighting food insecurity in New York, City Harvest offers a competitive salary, full benefits (including medical, dental, and vision) with employer contributions towards premiums, employer-provided life insurance, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with matching employer contributions. We also offer discounted staff perks (movie tickets, gym memberships, cellular plans, etc.), generous time off, and professional development opportunities.
City Harvest will be moving all operations to Sunset Park, Brooklyn beginning with our warehouse and distribution in August 2021 and our programmatic and other operations in the Fall of 2021.
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer