McDermott Will & Emery LLP Law Student Recruiting Assistant in New York, New York
McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today's most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be \#AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
The Law Student Recruiting Assistant provides administrative support to the law school student hiring processes. This includes coordinating recruiting and event logistics for these groups as well.
As a Law Student Recruiting Assistant you will:
- Assist with the full-cycle recruiting process for law student candidates in all U.S. offices, including screening resumes, scheduling interviews and maintaining the applicant tracking system
- Coordinate the law student recruiting process through on-campus recruiting registration, creating interview schedules, gathering interviewer feedback, facilitating the callback interview process, and communication with candidates
- Assist with the planning and administration of the 10 week summer associate program
- Schedule departmental meetings and plan event logistics, including booking conference rooms, ordering food and beverages, sending out event meeting requests and preparing meeting materials and documents
- Process departmental expense reports and check requests
- Assist with firm-wide projects such as conducting market research and creating statistical reports
- Understand Firm policies, procedures and client service expectations in order to troubleshoot questions, problems or concerns
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our McDermott workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our McDermott workforce be fully vaccinated.
At this time we are not asking you to provide any information about your current vaccination status, whether you would seek a medical or religious accommodation to the policy, or for any other medical information. We are only notifying you of the policy if you are interested in moving forward with the application process.
Policy applies to locations where local ordinances do not prevent COVID-19 vaccination mandates.
\#LI - JL1
\#LI - Hybrid
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).