Ross Stores, Inc. Lead Compliance Analyst in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Lead Compliance Analyst
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Lead Analyst, Merch Ops Compliance will oversee various regulatory compliance processes, utilizing data to generate critical information to evaluate/measure performance of key activities. S/He needs to have strong data management skills and ability to apply data to various compliance regulations, policies and processes. Through analysis, s/he will perform validation activities to assess risk and whether processes are providing the expected results. This data will be used to help Merchant Leadership understand how various processes are working or impacting the business. In addition, s/he must be able to recommend ways to optimize existing reports to streamline the analysis process.
This position will oversee a team of 1-2 administrators/specialist to help with day to day cataloging and monitoring of select processes. The Lead Analyst will manage workload allocation, hiring and on-boarding, and all other developmental activities of direct reports.
The Lead Analyst will drive information-gathering to scope new processes and reports. S/He needs to be skilled at communication, developing relationships and have strong technical/functional skills. The Lead Analyst may represent the team in meetings with key business partners.
- Responsible for management of 1-2 administrators/specialists; oversee workload and resources allocations, set performance standards, hold associates to agreed-upon deadlines and provide constructive feedback and coaching. Manage the mid-year / year-end review process.
- Perform quality checks and performance evaluations on direct reports and provide updates and analysis back to the Manager regarding errors and/or inefficiencies.
- Develop insights and analytics from data/reports. Details should be prepared in a concise summary easily understood by senior management. Identify and solve business problems using analytics and unstructured data.
- Develop reports and MS Excel templates to deliver information to business teams. Work includes enhancements to existing reports and building new tools to drive business analysis. Provide support and troubleshooting for all reports under this control area.
- Work independently to perform ad hoc data pulls and analysis to solve one-off data inquiries utilizing varied reporting tools.
- Identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end reporting process. Look for ways to improve the speed and quality that information is pulled and delivered.
- Assess and determine priorities for training deliverables and routinely manage the creation of training deliverables: training plan, training schedule, job aids, etc.
- Develop a partnership acting as a liaison between compliance and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on business needs and/or problems.
Who you are...
- You have bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- You have 4-6 years of data analytics experience, Retail and/or Regulatory Compliance preferred
- You have experience managing and analyzing large datasets in Microsoft Excel or other BI and/or data visualization tools
- You have the ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
- You're able to translate complex analytics/data sciences concepts in terms that are easily understood and accessible to Merchants at various levels of seniority and sophistication with material
- You have excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization
- You have ability to think critically and strategically
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong detail orientation is essential in this role
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.