Wells Fargo Lead Finance Analyst in New York, New York
About this role:
About this Role:
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people with financial acumen who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax, management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earning releases, investor meetings, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
Wells Fargo Technology Enablement Functions Finance supports nearly $4 Billion of the firm's technology budget. This highly visible role will have ownership and accountability for all Technology Financial Management activities in support of the division's financial planning and analysis team. This includes coordination of all financial planning deliverables, oversight and quality management of monthly forecasting and month-end close processes (e.g., accruals, journals, headcount ramp plans, resource planning, investment analysis, and vendor expense updates), and annual planning activities.
The Finance Lead Consultant will be a strategic thinker and partner to the Technology finance teams and Chiefs of Staff with day-to-day responsibilities focused on process improvement, transformation, and tool adoption. Additionally, the Finance Lead will have responsibilities to organize planning processes and coordinate and compile investment book of work (BOW) expense planning and business case development in collaboration with Technology and LOB counterparts.
Strong analytical abilities with knowledge of financial systems and related process workflows with the ability to simplify/analyze large data sets in order to tell the story behind the financials and prepare creative and intuitive presentations will be critical for this role.
A mature leader with proven financial acumen, critical thinking skills, and demonstrated senior operational credibility will be determining factors in the selection. Successful candidates will be articulate, strategic, and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for driving results, including:
Leadership/ Transformational Change Agent : Proven ability to establish and gain buy-in for ideas/ vision/ define solutions that are attainable and directly support business goals. Garner enthusiastic support across the organization to accomplish business goals and solutions.
Problem Solving: Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems. Accurately analyze complex issues, ensuring identification of underlying root causes. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity. Generates alternative solutions and expertly handles obstacles.
Professional Skills: Capable prolific communicator that is comfortable working with a wide variety of corporate executives, operations, customers and business partners. Proven teamwork skills, excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Creativity and Innovation: Able to think creatively and critically to identify opportunities to uniquely and effectively meet customer needs. Strong ability to assess market and competitiveness conditions and to develop creative, break-through approaches supporting improved customer experiences and operation efficiencies.
Analytical Thinking/ Financial Acumen: Obtains and uses financial data necessary to identify opportunities and understand problems. Uses quantitative techniques to make it actionable. Able to analyze data and turn it into insightful information through financial acumen and to communication solutions to various levels.
This role will partner with the senior business leaders and financial analytics team to provide leaders and executives with an understanding of investments, productivity, future forecasting, deeper analysis, business growth and financial returns. The candidate will use their strong financial acumen and financial skills to perform complex analysis. Additionally, there is a need for a role that requires a more seasoned presence and advanced collaboration and communication skills in additional to the core analytical capabilities to support data-driven decision making based on critical analysis in areas such as expense management, allocations, budgeting, vendor contracts, procurement, rate analysis, investments, and efficiency initiatives.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager for Technology Enablement Functions Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Finance Lead Consultant will have responsibilities for the following:
• Prepare expert strategy and financial presentations and narratives for Senior Management
• Partner with Technology Management and finance team's to drive transformational change to financial processes to ensure accuracy, stability, efficiency, and transparency
• Coordination of Procurement spending and contract reviews
Conduct ad-hoc analysis and recommendations supporting improvement opportunities (e.g., streamlining processes and reporting, financial and headcount trends, etc.)
- Allocation to expense alignment and transition into product model including unit price calculation and benchmarking
• Partner across the firm to develop financial management solutions and toolsets leveraging best practices and creative thinking that allow for consistent/streamlined processes
• Drive technology finance tool adoption with process evolution across Enterprise Functions Technology Finance
• Ensure connectivity of financial data ecosystem and toolsets to optimize financial processes
• Drive annual budgeting process including business case prioritization of technology investments and spend ensuring strict governance of deliverables and transparency of financials
• Maintain, refine, and report key metrics and performance indicators across areas such as Technology workforce, resource management, BOW investment spend, vendor usage and spend, and infrastructure strategy
• Liaise with various stakeholders across Technology, Finance, and COO to ensure best practices and desired results
- 5+ years of experience in finance, strategy, analytics or a similarly rigorous, strategic problem-solving field, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
5+ years experience in Financial Acumen, Analytics, and Business Process
5+ years experience in financial management supporting large-scale organizations
• 5+ years experience in leadership/partnership role
• Organized and detail-oriented; strong project management skills
• Exceptional and creative PowerPoint skills
• A demonstrated ability to conceive, design, and implement business process improvements that improve efficiency while maintain a strong risk and control environment
• Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level
• Superior time management skills with ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities for both day-to-day activities and longer term projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
• Bachelor's degree
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Company: WELLS FARGO BANK
Req Number: R-195474-2
Updated: Tue Aug 09 08:02:31 GMT 2022
Location: New York,New York
- Wells Fargo Jobs