PayPal Inc. Lifecycle Marketing Decision Scientist in New York, New York
**Who we are**
**At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We're a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.**
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for seasoned analytics professional with leadership traits and a strong quantitative background to lead analytics on SMB strategic marketing initiatives. Must have excellent technical and analytical skills, including the ability to query databases, synthesize complex data into business insights, and structure complex business problems. Ideal candidate should have extensive experience in SQL, SAS, R, Python, along with visualization tools such as Tableau. Must be capable of working in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams and be able to communicate technically intricate concepts/results in business terms. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing analytics end to end, and delivering accurate, actionable recommendations to drive business performance and investment optimization. This is an individual contributor role with team leadership requirements and opportunities on specific projects.
- Excellent understanding of marketing acqusition tactics via various paid media channels such as SEM, display, social etc.
- Lead and perform deep-dive analyses using analytical and statistical tools on very large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets
- Drive strong collaboration with other teams to ensure alignment and consistency of data,viewsand metrics
- Lead the engagement withMarketing andother internal stakeholder teams (Marketing Ops, Product Analytics,Financeetc.). Theyshould be able to find applicability and actionability to their work, influencing stakeholders to make the most out of the work analyticsprovides
- Manage multiple analytical projects at a time, inan agileand results-oriented environment
- Actively drive stakeholder engagement and influence to make business decisions in alignment with global measurement approaches
- Liaise with Global Analytics teams toenable knowledge sharing across Analytics community. To drive alignment on the adoption of Tools, educating stakeholders to rely on them whenever applicable.
- Bachelor'sorMaster'sdegree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science,Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics,Economics,Businessor a related field
- 3+ yearsofexperience in an analytical roleworking with large, multi-dimensional data sets delivering insights
- Be an independent thinker, able tooperateautonomously on projects with complexity both on the technical side and on the business implications side
- Strongcommunication andinterpersonal skills, maintaining the right balance of assertiveness and healthy business relationships
- Ability to structure complex problems in simple terms
- Basic knowledge of statisticsA/B testing,Regressionmodeling
- Strong technical skills: SQL, R, Python, Notebooks,BigQuery
- Experiencewith Tableau, Qlikor similar visualization tools
New York - Barrow St, New York, United States of America
**For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.**
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.