Momofuku Line Cook in New York, New York
Momofuku Noodle Bar - Time Warner Center
The Momofuku Line Cook will be at the front lines, carrying out new developing recipes and menu items as set by the Chef. You will be responsible for presenting new dishes with precision and quality that meet our Momofuku company standards. Tasked with mastering the stations, you will also be accountable for cleanliness and, food and equipment safety knowledge.
- Execute menu items from start to finish. This is including but not limited to preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items.
- Work with seasonal ingredients
- Participate in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Hone your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Work collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintain cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
Momofuku features an ever-changing, evolving menu, with limitless opportunities for creativity. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical insurance, paid time off, cell phone data reimbursement, gym discount, pre-taxed commuter benefit, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.