Ross Stores, Inc. LOA Benefits Administrator in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
LOA Benefits Administrator
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
The HR Associate Specialist (LOA Benefits Administrator) is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) model, focusing on leave of absence (LOA) process coordination in partnership with the 3rd party Leave Administrator and Corporate teams. This position serves as a local subject matter expert who offers guidance on LOA policies and procedures and provides support to Ross Buying Office (BO) associates when considering a leave of absence, during their leave, and throughout the transition back to work from leave. This activity will occur while maintaining compliance with Ross policies as well as federal, state and local regulations. This position will collaborate with HRBPs and other departments to ensure compliance and consistency with applicable policies and laws and to escalate problem resolution as necessary. This role must focus on creating a quality customer experience and effective communication with our internal clients (associates, HRBPs, etc.) throughout the entire leave process. This role will also provide back-up and support to other members of the HR Administration team as needed.
- Assist with HR related inquiries or requests, with an emphasis on leave of absence administration and disability accommodation as well as pay and benefits during leave.
- Consult with HRBPs and Manager with respect to the application of leave administration and disability accommodations in accordance with applicable laws and Ross policies.
- Provide detailed information, either in person or by telephone or email, about the leave process to all levels of associates.
- Support associates through the leave claim filing process, including review and explanation of materials, answering questions, and providing guidance.
- Respond to associate's inquiries throughout their entire leave and provide appropriate explanation when needed.
- Coordinate associate's return to work process including Mother's Room administration.
- Identify the need for, conduct, and document the Interactive Process per ADA guidelines. Communicate with identified stakeholders the progress and results of the Interactive Process. Assist in identifying modified duty and/or alternative work assignments (when applicable) or help determine whether to grant extended leave as an ADA accommodation. Document interactions using Service Now (SNOW) and prepare appropriate documentation including approved ADA/EXT letters.
- Effectively document, analyze and resolve leave related issues including accommodations.
- Monitor Peoplesoft records and notifications from the 3rd party Leave Administrator to ensure the associate's leave status in Peoplesoft is up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform research and troubleshoot escalated issues with a focus on customer service, acting promptly and decisively to alleviate problems, with accuracy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Communicate with the 3rd party Leave Administrator and collaborate with internal partners (including Leave of Absence, Payroll, Benefits, IT, etc.) effectively to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Use systems and applications such as SNOW, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office to effectively manage and track leave of absence transactions including generating new cases and letters, managing and responding to emails, calls and voicemails. Maintain leave of absence data by entering status changes in SNOW.
- Generate regular and ad hoc LOA reports and develop/maintain LOA dashboard.
- Track and analyze associates' feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of current procedures and practices. Recommend changes and develop/execute action plan based on findings to improve quality of customer service and efficiency of leave administration process.
- Keep current on trends for leave laws, assess the impact, and collaborate with others to identify opportunities for process improvement. Focus on staying abreast of any changes in in company systems and institutional knowledge.
- Manage relationships through ongoing communication and collaborate effectively when participating in ad hoc HR and cross-functional projects.
- Support other HR Administration tasks and activities (i.e. benefits initiatives, compliance audits, onboarding/offboarding activities, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor's degree.
- You have at least 3 years' experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on leave of absence administration handling FMLA, PDL, ADA, USERRA, Personal etc.
- You have a comprehensive knowledge of leave policies and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- You are customer service driven.
- You have excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- You can handle a high volume of time-sensitive responsibilities.
- You are detail oriented with accuracy.
- You have a strong critical thinking skills and ability to use thoughtful judgment on complex and sensitive issues.
- You can analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with diverse groups of associates.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work independently or with a team.
- You have the proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross-functional environment. Ability to consult with all levels of management.
- You can gather and organize information from a variety of sources to identify problem areas, and to make recommendations or execute resolutions.
- You have a high level of integrity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and OneNote) and HR systems (i.e. PeopleSoft).
- You can learn quickly and to follow established policies and procedures consistently.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You can adapt and effectively manage change.
- You take initiative.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.
#LI - (MS1)