New York Institute of Technology Manager, Advising & Enrichment Center, New York City in New York, New York
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, NYIT has more than 9,000 students worldwide.
Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to: provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The Manager of the Advising & Enrichment Center shall assist the Director and Associate Dean in supporting, developing, and leading the advising initiatives for NYITs undergraduate population. In support of NYIT s mission and values, along with the AEC team, s/he will support the success of students in meeting their academic and graduation goals, assist in the resolution of students academic issues, and serve as a resource to students, faculty, and staff seeking assistance.
Leadership and Supervisory Responsibilities:
* Hire, train, and supervise the AEC staff at the New York City (Manhattan) campus; provide regular formal and informal staff evaluations, as needed
* Ensure high quality performance, professionalism, and customer-service standards are consistently maintained
* Plan regular training and professional development opportunities for AEC staff
* Assist with the identification, organization and execution of retention- and graduation rate-impacting campaigns based on NYIT s population analytics; provide guidance to AEC advisors undertaking these initiatives and ensure timely execution as well as appropriate data collection and assessment
* Serve as the primary advisor to undergraduate students on academic probation as well as those in the EduPlus program. Oversee progress report requests, academic progress monitoring, online academic support seminar, and similar initiatives.
* Assist undergraduate students in identifying educational and career goals by offering general advisement, academic planning support, graduation planning, and interpretation of institutional policies and procedures.
* Assist in the coordination of the advisement/registration process for first semester freshmen and first semester transfers. Prepare and update relevant advisement materials (semester maps, first semester grids, etc), manage the training of summer advising staff, and coordinate peer advisor schedules.
* Manage the Transfer Transition initiative by working closely with the Transfer Admissions department in providing seamless services to new transfers from admission to advisement to enrollment. Coordinate initiatives for this population as it relates to advisement and on boarding.
* Become proficient with Advising software (EAB's Student Success Collaborative) and act as a resource to campus partners. Maintain and update AEC-related web content and published materials. Ensure that information is up to date and accurate at all times.
* Assist in the compilation and dissemination of information about academic advisement to appropriate departments and administrators, as needed. Provide training to newly appointed advisors and staff. Assist with the assessment of services and programs as well as with the analysis, preparation, and distribution of department reports.
* Assist in the administration of the Peer Advisor program.
* Assist in all other departmental initiatives and campus-wide committees and events such as New Student Orientation, Preview Day, Open House, and Commencement.
* Bachelor s degree required, Master s preferred.
* At least three years of professional experience working in an academic advising role at a college or university. A strong knowledge of academic advising, including policies, academic disciplines, coursework, and graduation requirements is especially important. Demonstrated success working with students in a service-oriented environment.
* Supervisory experience required.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, required. Excellent customer-service skills required as well.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required to effectively work with staff, students, and establish rapport with faculty members and academic staff. Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural diversity.
* Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills (MS Office Suite) required. Must demonstrate strong technical skills. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and EAB Student Success Collaborative preferred.
* Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as required
* Must be able to travel to the Long Island (Old Westbury) campus, as needed.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Employer's Job# 2019-1804
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.