Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Forecasting & Analytics in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Manager, Forecasting & Analytics
Abour Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
A Manager of Forecasting and Analytics is responsible for the development and evolution of our Forecasting and Planning models, logic methods, and associated dashboards. They will design and build models leveraging statistical methods, data science, and advanced analytic techniques that will help drive new insights, process improvements, and innovation. They will be required to quickly become knowledgeable on existing business processes and models in order to identify gaps and areas of opportunity. They will be responsible for project management, data analysis and the presentation of recommendations. They will work closely with cross functional partners to drive the best decisions and implement solutions.
- Leverage retail industry knowledge, real-time analytics and dashboards to monitor Planning processes and automated logic to identify improvement opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the Forecasting and Planning process.
- Partner and collaborate with business partners to drive common goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects focused on Planning and Forecasting
- Design analytic quantitative tools and gather data to review plans and make recommendations that will improve sales plan accuracy and drive profitability
- Drive innovations to improve the ability to respond to changes in product / location specific demand
- Adapt and respond timely to business changes. Determine the impact to Planning and Forecasting processes and develop recommendations for adapting the automated logic to the new environment
- Drive quality of analysis, including assessing analyst's competency level
- Create and lead presentations to senior-level leaders
- Manage direct report. Set and manage expectations. Build environment that strengthens associate through training and development; ensures that associate clearly understand job expectations.
Who you are ...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree required; in statistics, analytics, economics, data science or comparable preferred
- You have 8 years of retail demand forecasting and planning experience with a minimum 5 years' experience leveraging mathematical demand modeling, time-series analysis and forecasting preferred
- You are proficient with statistical software (R, tableau)
- You have experimental test design experience preferred
- You have experience with Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Access and Word. Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint required; experience using forecasting software preferred
- You have superior analytical skills, both mathematical and problem solving
- You have the ability to communicate complex findings clearly and succinctly, both verbally and written, and lead presentations to senior-level Executives
- You have proven ability to think strategically and determine the impact of decisions on the business
- You are an innovative self-starter with the ability to resolve complex problems
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change