Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Instructional Design & Facilitation in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Manager, Instruction Design & Facilitation
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Manager of Instructional Design & Facilitation for the Buying Offices at Ross Stores Inc. will help identify, develop, implement, and evaluate key learning and development initiatives for the merchant organization using various learning platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to partner with the Talent Development team, HR business partners and business leaders to build effective learning solutions to support the continued growth of functional, professional and leadership capabilities.
- Content Development: Design multi-platform content to support targeted associate development efforts using best practices in adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Program and Project Management: Design, develop, implement and manage targeted learning programs and initiatives.
- Consulting: Partner with Talent Development, HR business partners and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement solutions targeting associate development and overall talent development solutions.
- Facilitation: Deliver quality training programs through various platforms.
- Evaluation: Assess overall impact and effectiveness of learning programs.
Who you are ...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree required; certifications or advance degree in related field preferred.
- You are proficient in using the Adobe Creative Cloud tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate, etc.)
- You have a proven track record with at least 5 years of experience in training or client facing roles.
- You have experience managing learning projects and programs, including needs assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- You have subject matter expertise in instructional design and adult learning theory, eLearn and blended learning development, leadership and management practices, communication theory, or other related topics.
- You have experience in the creation, integration and documentation of instructional materials such as social media, video, graphics, animations and interactive media elements into online courses/web content.
- You have a proven track record in building collaborative and consultative partnerships within the business and HR.
- You have demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- You have knowledge of key technologies and platforms in the learning development and delivery space.
- You have exceptional multi-platform facilitation skills.
- You have comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask and meet all deadlines and customer demands.
- You have the ability to match personal work style and approach to a variety of subcultures and clients.
- You have executive presence and communication skills, comfort around senior leadership.
- You have commitment to continuous learning and development.
- You have the ability to influence across all levels
- You have aspiration to grow
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
- * eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change