Amazon Corporate LLC Manager, Merchandise Planning in New York, New York
Shopbop is looking for an innovative, results-driven Senior Merchandise Planner with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive high revenue growth. The Senior Merchandise Planner will be responsible for driving Pre-Season and In-Season financial plans and forecasts for multiple divisions at the department/vendor/level. The Senior Planner is a key stake-holder and will partner with DMMs, Buyers, Vendors and cross-functional teammates -- leveraging analytics and formulating strategies to drive business.
The successful candidate must be able to move beyond applying standard templates for solving problems, and support the team with creative, innovative ideas that are translated into actionable insights for the business.
* Partner with divisional on OTB process and present monthly to Senior Leadership team
* Work on cross-functional projects as needed to support company initiatives
* Build financial plans in accordance with merchandise strategies to maximize profitability.
* Drive decision making in season to achieve financial and strategic targets.
* Work with Merchandise Planners to manage inventory health, open-to-buy, item-level forecasting, and assortment planning
* Partner with merchants and leadership to develop product performance reporting tools
* Perform ad hoc analysis and recommend courses of action to drive sales and profit Forecast financials and related operational metrics.
* Manage reporting, driving a high standard for analytical excellence.
* Responsible for development and training of Merchandise Planners
* Lead and inspire team and partners - contribute to environment that strengthens the organization through training & development initiatives
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred, MBA a plus.
* 7+ years of merchandise planning experience and/or related industry experience (consulting, investment banking).
* 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred. Must possess strong people development skills
* Experience designing and building new processes.
* Advanced knowledge and use of forecasting tools (e.g. Cognos).
* Advanced excel skills. Statistical analysis a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.