Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Merchant Support Operations in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Manager, Merchant Support Operations
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing technical and operational support for the Merchant Support Administration (MSA) departments, and will be accountable for all MSA operational systems, including all automated processes. This individual will be the lead technical expert in the department and be the primary liaison with Ross IT and any outside vendors, will be required to act as a subject matter expert in the business systems and processes, and will lead the development and growth of the function. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the execution of department reporting and working with MSA Leadership on reporting improvements as well as the day to day technical oversight of all MSA systems.
- Drive value by leading process and implementation of automated processes
- Lead business transformation & operations improvement through technology solutions such as automated processes
- Create and maintain a Center of Excellence to foster self-sufficiency for automated processes
- Oversee product management on technically complex projects, including new builds as well as fixes and improvements to existing systems architecture
- Oversee accurate technical reporting and generate actionable information applicable to a wide variety of audiences
- Build relationships with internal as well as external resources to understand and explore system(s) enhancement opportunities
- Seek and incorporate input from others to develop collaborative solutions
- Act as a liaison between MSA, Merchandising and Ross IT teams
- Manage a team of Analysts, including career and professional coaching and development of Associates
Who you are...
- You have 5+ years in retail business systems (preferred automated process experience)
- You have RPA or other Automation experience
- You have in depth knowledge of industry automation best practices
- You have a solid understanding of best practices in retail or consumer goods
- You have experience in executive level communication and facilitating meetings that effectively drive decisions or alignment
- You have strong analytical skills including experience executing analysis of complex data
- You have strong collaboration and influencing skills
- You are motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
- You have an outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- You have a high sense of responsibility to our customers, our users, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one's own work
- You have the willingness and flexibility to jump into the details to get the job done
- You have advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel/PowerPoint)
- You have a minimum of 2 years of project management experience
- You have 2+ years of people management experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree, required
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.