Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Manager of Internal Audit in New York, New York
MANAGER OF INTERNAL AUDIT
Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) is currently seeking a Manager of Internal Audit at our Corporate headquarters in New York, New York. We are a leading independent, global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and advisory services. With over 4, 000 employees A& M delivers operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, the Manager of Internal Audit will plan and execute internal audits of various processes, business units and corporate departments to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the global firm's system of internal control.
- Performs audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditors (Standards)
- Reviews suitability of internal control design and considers areas of potential fraud in audit projects
- Determines compliance with policies and procedures
- Verbally communicates audit findings to management and provides appropriate recommendations to mitigate risks
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls and prepares detailed reports on audit findings
- Assists with the implementation of monitoring controls, as applicable
- Maintains a log of audit findings, follows up with management on prior audit findings, and prepares detailed report on implementation of management action plans
- Maintains the internal Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) established by the Director of Internal Audit and Compliance
- Supervise summer interns and the guest auditor program.
- Assists with ad hoc projects, as requested
Six years of risk-based Internal Audit experience. Professional services experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, IT or Accounting and at least one of the following certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Proficient understanding of internal audit processes as well as IT, regulatory compliance, operations, and financial risks and controls
- Prior experience with data analysis tools and proficiency with Microsoft office tools, specifically Excel
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and oral / written communication skills
- Self- starter with the ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks with a wide degree of creativity
- Project management / time management skills
- Ability to adapt to and work in global environment
As a demonstration of A& M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being . A& M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A& M is a great place work.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity