Ross Stores, Inc. Manager of Merchandise Planning in New York, New York
MERCHANDISE PLANNING MANAGER
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
At Ross you will find:
• A career that fits you
• Amazing culture and people
• Big company with a family feeling
• Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Merchandise Planning Manager is responsible for leading the strategic initiatives within their division; while ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all plans, revisions and projects developed. Manager effectively manages the analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels. Partners with the Buying and Store Planning teams to identify business opportunities and risks to sales and margin. Manager is responsible for the day-to-day training and development of their team.
• Responsible for developing seasonal business plans for division through partnership with Buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
• Oversee the development of Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
• Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
• Manage weekly OTB
• Performs ad hoc analysis and recommends courses of action to drive profitable sales
• Collaborates closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
• Lead and inspire team. Build environment that strengthens associates through training and development; ensures that Associates clearly understand job expectations
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires minimum of 8 years retail merchandise planning. Minimum 5 years’ experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting, and OTB
• Minimum of 3 years of prior supervisory experience
• Minimum of 3 years store class planning experience
• Demonstrated decision-making ability
• Ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
• Ability to lead and manage team
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Strong retail math skills
• Thorough knowledge of planning systems, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
• 4-year college degree required