Morgan Stanley Manager, Paid Media | Firmwide Marketing in New York, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide, including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values: Leading with exceptional ideas, giving back, doing the right thing, and putting clients first. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career—a place for people to learn, to achieve, to grow.
Looking for a seasonedManager, Paid Mediato support and manage Morgan Stanley’s global media efforts. The Media Strategy team sits within Brand Marketing, a core function of Morgan Stanley Firmwide Marketing. ThePaid Media Managerwill support Morgan Stanley Firmwide media initiatives throughout strategy, planning and execution phases, working with internal stakeholders and external media agency resources to develop cross-channel plans that meet and deliver upon campaign objectives. This individual should have hands-on experience with detailed tactical media plan development, the ability to liaise with media publishers to develop strategic partnerships for the brand and strong project management skills to support the documentation, trafficking and activation of media.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand how advertising and media efforts will ladder up to broader Morgan Stanley Firmwide objectives and orchestrate the tactics associated with achieving that vision while maximizing our advertising’s efficiency and demonstrating the value provided by media to the Firm.
The Paid Media Manager is responsible for supporting Morgan Stanley Firmwide media/advertising campaigns, from briefing through media plan development and execution.
Responsibilities or ideal skills for this role include:
- Support for Morgan Stanley Firmwide / Brand media campaigns – helping to craft robust, integrated media strategies that drive positive brand perception that connects back to tangible business growth
- Working with Marketing leadership to translate Firm-level objectives into tangible media KPIs and helping to develop tactical media plans and audience targeting recommendations that span a range of media channels and platforms to accomplish those objectives
- Ability to manage external media agency team for all day to day tasks to support Morgan Stanley campaigns; to partner and develop strong relationships with our agency partners, but hold them accountable for the development and delivery of high-quality media plans
- Clear and direct communication skills to build partnerships with teams and disciplines across Marketing and the Firm to ensure Firmwide media aligns with business and brand priorities
- Ability to lead media briefings and campaign strategy development in an organized manner
- Deep understanding of paid media channels and how to craft integrated media mix recommendations based on objective and target audience; ability to leverage data and analytics insights as a key driver of ongoing media strategy o Emphasis on digital media experience, including programmatic, paid social or other performance channels
- High attention to detail to ensure documentation of all media is accurate, proper specs are tracked for specific partnerships and placements, pressing media deadlines are met for all initiatives
- Experience populating trafficking workbooks and managing high volume of creative assets that need to be activated with accuracy within paid media placements, with responsibility for thorough QA to ensure accuracy in preview and live environments
- Ability to guide development of a comprehensive audience strategy for media activation, working with Audience and Analytics partners to develop segmentation that aligns with target audiences
- Assist with media finances and billing documentation, including approving and reconciling invoice amounts within billing system, and oversee pacing of media spend against approved budgets to ensure delivery of media impressions/dollars to budget goals
- Liaise with internal Analytics team to ensure proper measurement infrastructure has been set in place for all campaign needs as a prerequisite to launch and implementation of ongoing optimization strategies to drive performance
- Create actionable project timelines for all media plan components or campaigns and partner with internal and external (media agency) teams to ensure alignment on all deadlines and deliverables
- Track project progress to make sure all stakeholders (internal and external agency teams) are delivering on time and with appropriate quality of work that meets project expectations; be proactive in managing all details throughout the project to ensure that all action items are accomplished on a timely and accurate basis
- Ability to analyze raw data as well as go deeper into agency-provided reporting to ensure campaigns are tracking to goals, give optimization approvals or recommendations, and gather insights/learnings for internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of industry trends in the media space (such as audience targeting shifts, data privacy regulation, new media publishers, etc.)
- 4-6 years of relevant Media/Advertising experience; media agency experience strongly preferred
- Experience with managing agency teams in media and creative execution
- Understanding of digital/performance media channels
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with high attention to detail/organization; prioritize and coordinate many moving pieces with ability to manage and communicate to several internal and external teams
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple separate campaigns or initiatives concurrently and set and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical background; ability to digest data from internal/external data sources and provide actionable recommendations to drive performance with KPIs
- Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex issues and programs to audiences with very limited media background or to share topline insights with internal leadership
Title: *Manager, Paid Media | Firmwide Marketing *
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 3210503