Coach Inc Manager, Product Development in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
* Extensive footwear knowledge with a focus on sneaker development
* Manage Early Development process by working with Design and Merchandising to communicate and execute concepts and aesthetic intentions .
* Collaborate with design team and global partners to execute designs, produce styles and execute all protos during the product design lifecycle.
* Work with global teams to maintain product integrity with respect to last, construction, upper & proto development.
* Partner with global team on outsole development & commercialization.
* Oversee creation and maintenance of specs sheets & ECV matrix creation from concept thru commercialization
* Partner with Material teams on ordering, allocation and sub availability for sampling.
* Manage and approve Confirmation Samples.
* Manage Wear Test Program, communicate findings and troubleshot any issues.
* Initiate strategies to improve fit, comfort and quality.
* Manage product development process with adherence to all PDT milestones.
* Analyze and manage development styles/sku requests.
* Manage and Report on seasonal Adoption Rates.
* Anticipate and troubleshoot issues, find contingency plans, drive resolution and communicate as necessary.
Product Costing: Use knowledge of costing and shoemaking to develop cost right product.
* Manage pre-costing and develop strategies to meet/exceed margin requirement while maintaining design aesthetic.
* Manage costing process in ECV
* Drive costing activities according to PDT.
* Initiate & implement strategies aimed at improving margins.
The accomplished individual will possess:
* 5-8 years experience in footwear development
* Strong knowledge of Sneaker constructions
* Ability to read & comment on outsole Blueprints
* Strong knowledge of sneaker outsole compound benefits & limitations
* Knowledge of costing, product integrity & margin
* Ability to travel to Asia as needed during development process
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator PLM and or EC Vision
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.#Li-mh1
Employer's Job# 622741500
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.