Gap Inc. Manager - Product Devlopment - Infant in New York, New York
About the role
The Manager of Product Development for Gap Outlet enables the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to Design aesthetic, merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with local teams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and division goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Work with leadership to communicate upfront brand costing and strategic goals to Category Sourcing In Asia.
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance
• Manage development metrics set for global brand.
• Own seasonal and monthly booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
• Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify fabrics for rapid response and test and respond.
• Drive fabric strategies by developing product to meet fabric expectations and providing recommendations on fabrics to platform, position, and leverage, including exploring VOS qualities.
Who you are
• Global Product Development experience in driving global product development and understands design. merchandising, and vendor/category management
• Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
• Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
• Change Management- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making.
• Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated new skills and knowledge.
• Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
- Gap Inc. Jobs