Ross Stores, Inc. Manager, Workforce Planning in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
Forward-looking organizations are discovering how to use data to help them improve how they manage their organization's greatest asset - their people. Our team collaborates with all levels of the Ross organization from our executives to our national network of buying offices. This role will be responsible for working closely with our team to design, maintain and deploy ground-breaking research of complex HR and business challenges throughout the company to support the continued growth of our business and associates. The Manager will oversee long-term workforce, organizational structure and staffing plans for Merchant, Planning and Support divisions. They will lead business units through the annual Workforce Planning process. Evaluate key metrics (business growth, market coverage, associate workload / skills sets and general best practices) to develop and recommend solutions to leaders' structural & staffing needs. Effectively balances the needs of individual divisions and associates with overall company objectives. Works with the Workforce Strategy and Analytics (WSA) team at large in the creation and rollout of new databased tools to improve the operational efficiency, talent practices, and results of the business.
- Guide the annual Workforce Planning process for assigned business units.
- Collect and evaluate business data to develop a long-term, 3-year workforce plan that meets anticipated business needs and growth.
- Partner with HR business partners to evaluate associate career needs and align business and individual priorities in the short and long-term
- Effectively blend quantitative and qualitative data, both at a micro and macro level, to develop workforce strategies that maximize the performance of the business and associates.
- Influence leaders to develop long-range plans that are consistent with company objectives and WFP best practices
- Develop new, and continuously strive to improve, processes and tools to increase the team's impact and effectiveness. Effectively manage the rollout of new tools / processes to business leaders and HR to ensure adoption
- Liaison between the business, Finance and the HR department at large to communicate current and future structure / staffing plans
- Ensure key workforce planning information is updated and maintained on a timely basis and appropriately shared with partners
- Create structure, staffing and budget presentations for HR and business executives.
- Complete ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Who you are ...
- You are adaptable and open to new ideas
- You are Collaborative
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have Integrity
- You can maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive employee data with discretion
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- You have Initiative
- You have credibility/trust
- You can clearly and persuasively communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- 5 - 8 years Human Resources experience. (HR Generalist, Workforce Planning, Organizational Design, Talent Development, Succession Planning or related preferred, not required)
- Very strong communication (both oral and written) and customer service skills. Ability to influence HR and business partners at all levels
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking - able to balance short- vs. long-term goals, and the needs for individuals vs. the goals of multiple business units, and the organization as a whole
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines, with flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Proficiency at an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- BA / BS required
- You have basic knowledge of formal organizational design principles and talent analytics (preferred)
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change