Penguin Random House LLC Managing Editor, Random House (Open to Remote) in New York, New York
Managing Editor, Random House Open to Remote Managing Editorial at Random House seeks a Managing Editor to join the team. Founded in 1925, Random House is the home to award-winning, critically acclaimed, bestselling fiction and nonfiction authors, including Lee Child, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Jodi Picoult, George R. R. Martin, Emma Cline, Jon Meacham, and Deepak Chopra. Reporting to the Vice President & Executive Managing Editor, the managing editor will work on a variety of hardcover and trade paperback titles, including full-color illustrated books [and gift products as well as] one-color nonfiction and fiction titles. The Random House Managing Editorial department manages the editorial process of all mass-market, trade paperback, and hardcover books for a diverse set of imprints. This role involves overseeing schedules and logistics from manuscript transmittal to final book files and managing the ancillary materials for sales and marketing. An affinity for design and databases and a general, top-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite terms is essential. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, enthusiastic about publishing, and enjoys reading broadly and often. We are looking for a detail-oriented, meticulous self-starter who loves books of all types and is invested in the process of bringing them to a wide readership, has strong writing and analytical skills, communicates clearly, is comfortable asking for help when needed, and wants to be an active participant on a collaborative team. If you can handle the details of immediately urgent tasks, while also remembering to step back, consider the big picture, and adjust your strategy when needed. For consideration, please apply using our application tracking system and include your cover letter and resume. The Role:
• Be the primary point of contact for overall scheduling, communication, and logistics for the imprints
• Track manuscript inventories with Editorial
• Schedule seasonal lists; schedule and run planning meetings to keep season list on track
• Be the primary liaison among other departments, especially production, interior design, and production editorial, and including publicity, marketing, sales and operations
• Provide and enforce deadlines for production and sales materials
• Collect, enter, and maintain metadata, including ISBNs, categories, specs, prices, on-sale dates, etc. in SAP
• Manage, in collaboration with the sales-marketing and metadata teams, the release of metadata and sales materials to online retailers and catalogues.
• Update the production database
• Distribute periodic reports (weekly, monthly, seasonally)
• Perform other related projects or duties as assigned or required by division
• Co-manage an assistant, who will manage cover routing, copy delivery, and other database updates
• A minimum of five years’ experience in trade book publishing is preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail, proofreading skills, the ability to prioritize, and strong follow-up skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and meet deadlines, take initiative, and problem-solve creatively
• A team player with the ability to build relationships with other departments. A collaborative spirit is essential
• Superb organizational and time management skills
• Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Solutions-focused when met with challenges and can comfortably adapt to changes and anticipate needs when needed once familiar with the role of a Managing Editorial Assistant
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
• Expertise with FileMaker Pro, InMotion, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and/or SAP a plus
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $73,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 264003
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs