Penguin Random House LLC Managing Editor/Sr Managing Editor - Ten Speed Press (Open to Remote) in New York, New York
Random House is seeking a Managing Editor or Senior Managing Editor to join the Ten Speed Press imprint who will report to the Executive Managing Editor. You will be a key member of a small, highly collaborative team within the larger Random House Publishing Group division.
The position requires extreme attention to detail and great people skills. You will manage and disperse information company-wide and help bring to fruition our list of books and products each season—from the iconic What Color Is Your Parachute? to luscious full-color cookbooks to the Dungeons & Dragons Young Adventurer’s Guides.
• Fields daily title management requests, including title setups; troubleshoots; and ensures accuracy of SAP database, which feeds daily to online retailers
• Meets weekly or biweekly with editors, tracking deliverables and liaising with Publishing; Design, Production Editorial, and Production; and Sales Marketing
• Attends regular and ad hoc production meetings
• Supports the Editorial Director and Deputy Publisher with seasonal list management: organizes planning meetings for the Publisher, including scheduling, managing agendas and notes, and performing follow-up
• Contributes to the Managing Editorial group within the division and the corporation
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Managing Editorial, Production Editorial, or Project Management
• Attention to detail in data management and communications
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to interact with colleagues across all areas of the company and corporation
• Excellent problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze and navigate workflows, and negotiate with stakeholders
• Strong technical skills: a facility with software that includes SAP, the Microsoft suite, File Maker, Box
• Knowledge of the bookmaking and publishing process is preferred
The salary range for the Managing Editor level is $67,000-$70,000; the range for the Sr Managing Editor level is $70,000-$77,000. Please include a cover letter with your résumé.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 257072
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs