Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Assistant - Penguin Young Readers in New York, New York
Marketing Assistant - Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Young Readers is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to join the Retail Marketing team. This position supports the Assistant Director and Senior Manager of Marketing for Middle Grade (MG) & Young Adult (YA), but the role provides an opportunity to work very closely with the entire marketing team.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment that is home to many award-willing authors and artists including Renée Ahdieh, Max Brallier, Adam Gidwitz, John Green, Amanda Gorman, Lynda Mullaly Hunt, Nina LaCour, Ransom Riggs, Aisha Saeed, Ruta Sepetys, and Jacqueline Woodson, as well as dozens of other popular authors and artists.
• Provides general administrative support such as scheduling meetings, department note-taking, data entry, coordinating mailings, ordering books and supplies, etc.
• Manages seasonal sales schedules and deadlines.
• Assists with sales materials support, including creation of digital catalog assets and promotional materials, such as seasonal sales resources.
• Assists members of the marketing team with various aspects of book campaigns and content development.
• Writes copy for marketing materials (such as displays, promo items, show-specific materials, etc.)
• Prepares marketing presentations and documents.
• Supports the consumer festival team as they brainstorm and execute plans (virtual for now, with possible opportunity for in-person events in the future).
• Some work and/or office experience, via internship or employment, is preferred
• Self-motivated, able to prioritize, and can work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and organization skills
• Must be detail-oriented and organized with a can-do attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Light proofreading + design skills are a bonus
• An enthusiasm for marketing as a discipline, and interest in media trends
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York City Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 139014
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs