Penguin Random House LLC Marketing Assistant, Young Readers in New York, New York
We are looking for a Marketing Assistant to join the Random House Children’s Books Trade Marketing team to assist in the development and execution of marketing materials and campaigns across the board book, picture book, and middle grade (including graphic novel) list. Random House Children’s Books is home to bestselling and award-winning trade authors and illustrators, from Suzanne and Max Lang (creators of the Grumpy Monkey series) and R. J. Palacio (author of Wonder), to Emily Winfield Martin (The Wonderful Thing You Will Be), Louis Sachar (Holes), Christopher Paul Curtis (Bud, Not Buddy) and more.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Young Readers team, especially the Picture Book and Middle-Grade Managers, as well as with the School & Library Marketing, Audience Engagement, and Publicity teams to develop materials and execute cohesive plans to reach booksellers and parents of young readers.
This role includes responsibilities that require in-office participation when handling marketing mailings, so the ability to commute (when needed) to our 1745 Broadway location is essential.
• Develop marketing copy for select frontlist and backlist campaign materials
• Create seasonal documents in support of select campaigns, including plan templates, display setup forms, and project lists
• Develop ad briefs, including targeting and copy suggestions, for programmatic display and social ad campaigns
• Create and route campaign announcements and recap documents to be shared across the company
• Act as liaison between the Young Readers team and the Audience Engagement team by effectively communicating digital engagement opportunities to the team, maintaining a good relationship with the advertising team, and advising on strategy and optimizations where necessary
• Track campaign details, maintain vendor information, and process invoices for the entire Young Readers marketing team budget, working closely with the Senior Director to manage the annual budget document
• Create distributions such as proposed print quantities of marketing materials, working back with sales to establish estimates and orders
• Develop and execute marketing campaigns for select frontlist and backlist titles
• Collaborate with design, digital marketing, school & library marketing, and publicity to ensure cohesive marketing plans and messaging
• Perform administrative tasks and provide additional support to the Assistant Director and other members of the Young Readers team as necessary
• At least 1-2 years of experience in marketing. Book marketing is preferred
• Interest in working with books for young readers (books for kids ages 0-12) a must. Experience working with children’s books a plus!
• Highly organized with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Self-motivated worker comfortable working independently as well as with a team
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain solution-oriented
• Willingness to learn and collaborate
The salary for this position is $48,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter. Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 300 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 267502
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs