New York City Department of Education Materials Management and Support Associate, CIPL in NEW YORK, New York
Position Summary: The Materials Management and Support Associate will perform duties that directly relate to the Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Learning (CIPL) outreach efforts, including ongoing work with existing partnership organizations, the local community, and assisting in the creation of new community partnerships. This entails maintaining, coordinating, and monitoring partnerships and community development programs associated with Summer in the City (SITC) and other CIPL programs. Performs related work.
Reports to:Program Evaluation Coordinator
Key Relationships:Maintains positive professional relationships with the entire school community, including principals, faculty, students, parents, and community partners including:
- The River Project
- New Way Circus Center
- Queens Botanical Gardens
- New York Hall of Science
- Alley Pond Environmental
- American Museum of the Moving Image
- Spanish Dance Arts Co.
- Bronx County Historical Society
- Assists with packing and preparing materials for schools, community members, parents, and school officials, based on updates to relevant policies and operational needs.
- Assists with written and telephone communication with school-based staff, partners, and the community in support of programmatic goals
- Serves as a liaison between the principal, the school community, and the larger community outside of school.
- Assists in coordinating, improving, and maintaining community services and relationships with CIPL.
- Works with a diverse constituency that includes teachers, school leaders, and field support staff.
- Maintains ongoing contact with community organizations that are involved with providing services to support CIPLs educational programs such as SITC
- Makes connections with community-based organizations and community partners to increase community support and communicate any changes in the needs of the SITC education program.
- Coordinates contact with the school-based staff to elicit their support and participation in school-based and community activities, meetings, and workshops.
- Assists with inventory control, receiving packages and distribution of supplies and other materials.
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Team player who is able to work closely with all members of CIPL and with the outside community.
- Public speaking ability and good interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with people at all social and economic levels.
- Ability to work with students, parents, teachers and supervisors.
- Understanding of educational program objectives.
- Customer service orientation.
- Internal candidates preferred.
(Internal candidates who are selected for this position and who currently hold comparable or less senior positions within the DOE will not make less than their current salary.)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted through June 25, 2019 until 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability and/or grant funding.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO
Tracking Code: 13916
Job Location: NEW YORK, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
New Posting: Yes
Job Group: N/A