Ross Stores, Inc. Merchandise Planner in New York, New York
Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ...
The Merchandise Planner is responsible for executing the strategic initiatives within their fast-growing division; while ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all plans, revisions and projects developed. The Merchandise Planner effectively analyzes dynamic, multi-dimensional plans including sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels. They partner with the Buying, Location Planning teams and Planning Management to identify business opportunities/risks to sales/margin and make recommendations accordingly.
The base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $105,000. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
- Responsible for developing seasonal business plans through partnership with Buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
- Develop Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
- Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
- Manage weekly OTB, identifying opportunities as needed
- Identify Early Warning Callouts and recommend courses of action to drive profitable sales and margin. Perform independent analysis as needed to identify opportunities
- Collaborate closely and build trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Present and call out risks/opportunities to Planning Management and Senior Merchants
Who you are ...
- You have a minimum of 3 years' retail merchandise planning experience. Minimum of 2 years' experience involving sales and inventory planning, sales forecasting, and OTB
- You have a 4-year college degree (required)
- You are highly proficient in Excel
- You have thorough knowledge of planning systems, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
- You have strong retail math skills
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills
Perks and Benefits of joining our team...
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
** -- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change