Amazon Corporate LLC Merchandise Planner in New York, New York
Shopbop is looking for an innovative, results-driven Merchandise Planner with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive high revenue growth. The Merchandise Planner will partner with the buying team to develop category strategy and execute against strategic plans to achieve financial targets. He/she will work to plan, analyze, and continually improve our contemporary women's fashion apparel business across all categories and hundreds of vendors.
The successful candidate must be able to move beyond applying standard templates for solving problems, and support the team with creative, innovative ideas that are translated into actionable insights for the business.
* Partner with buyer to design seasonal and annual strategies by category and vendor.
* Build financial plans in accordance with merchandise strategies to maximize profitability.
* Drive decision making in season to achieve financial and strategic targets.
* Manage inventory health, open-to-buy, item-level forecasting, and assortment planning.
* Optimize sales and inventory productivity through analysis and plans that drive high impact decision making.
* Forecast financials and related operational metrics.
* Manage reporting, driving a high standard for analytical excellence.
* Develop price reduction and exit recommendations with buying team.
* Plan and forecast reconciliation across type and category.
* Envision the future and facilitate building it.
* Train and develop team members.Basic Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred, MBA a plus.
* 5+ years of merchandise planning experience and/or related industry experience (consulting, investment banking).
* Experience designing and building new processes.
* Advanced knowledge and use of forecasting tools (e.g. Cognos).
* Advanced excel skills. Statistical analysis a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age