Ross Stores, Inc. Merchandise Planning Leadership Role in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Merchandise Planning Leadership Role
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Merchandise Planning Leader will be responsible for driving the Merchandise Planning and Assortment process for a division. Working closely with the supervisor and senior merchants, the executive will develop sales and margin plans as well as the forecasts for corporate guidance. He/she will also have responsibility for regional/location planning - driving strategies to help ensure proper product mix by markets. This individual will be a business partner and the key liaison with senior merchants and their teams. He/she will provide statistical analysis for the supervisor and senior merchants as well as be instrumental in developing the strategic thought process to maximize top line sales and bottom line profit for their division.
- Effective assessment and development of staff.
- Develop seasonal sales and margin and reforecast as needed.
- Oversee the development of the seasonal Merchandising plans and challenge assumptions and strategies to maximize sales and margins for their division.
- Integrate all aspects of Planning (seasonal Merchandise plans, store plans, regional plans, assortment planning and ladder planning).
- Communicate strategies to Allocation Department.
- Direct all Micro-Merchandising initiatives through final implementation.
- Regional Planning/Store Planning (Location Planning).
- Participate in company strategic initiatives.
- Sales volume.
- Gross margin.
- Merchandise Planning.
- Planning calendar.
Who you are ...
- You have ten plus years' of retail experience in positions of increasing responsibilities in Planning, leading and managing a team of Directors and/or Senior Managers.
- You have planning experience in the apparel, accessories, or home category from a department store, mass merchant, or specialty retailer.
- You're a builder of solid relationships and partnerships with merchants. You participate with other members of the management team in an effective manner to identify, define, and evaluate key strategic issues for the division and develop alternative solutions to meet strategic goals and provide information to make these decisions.
- You have excellent analytical skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- You bring the ability to make financial projections and identify and evaluate variances of actual performance against the plan.
- You have strong management, leadership, and influencing skills.
- You are a leader, mentor, and trainer to his/her organization.
- You're a team player and collaborator; able to contribute to all functional areas of the company.
- You are a broad-based strategic business partner capable of providing leadership in a fast-growing organization.
- You have well-developed ethical standards of professional behavior.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change