Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Operations Administrator in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Merchant Operations Administrator
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
The Compliance Administrator supports the team to ensure that operational activities are within industry/government regulations and company policy. This position works with Merchants, Vendors, Supply Chain and Legal departments. S/He will be responsible for executing multiple processes within the department. In addition, s/he will identify and escalate issues identified within processes to mitigate the impact of risks.
- Manage multiple email inboxes in a timely manner
- Perform day-to-day activities of regulatory compliance tasks such as review QA lab test reports, provide feedback when needed, track and log document approvals, run reports from various systems as well as support any new processes as needed.
- Communication with cross-functional departments and outside vendors
- Aid in SOP creations for all regulatory programs and processes
- Provide support and work closely with supervisor/team to achieve company objectives
- Delivers standardized and ad-hoc reporting to support regulatory compliance
Who you are
- You have Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- You have industry-specific experience is a plus.
- You have clear and concise communication skills and customer service skills.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
- You are self-directed and action-oriented
- You can set and prioritize work amid competing demands.
- You can work with diverse personalities and styles.
- You demonstrate a high level of initiative and resourcefulness, be a solution seeker and make practical decisions, solutions, and suggestions.
- You are comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, busy office environment.
- You can display a capacity to learn quickly and respond well to changes and opportunities.
- You have business acumen - demonstrated understanding of quality standards relative to data analysis and statistics in a retail environment.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.