Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Operations Analyst in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Merchant Operations Analyst
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Merch Ops Analyst will optimize and execute existing reporting and assist developing key new reports and metrics in excel and access as required by the businesses we support. Work closely with the Manager, Merch Ops and leadership team to transform data into critical information and knowledge. Create, conduct and deliver standardized and ad hoc reports to support business needs. The Analyst position will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing established templates and delivering according to the team calendar as well as building new reports and templates to support ad-hoc questions as they relate to the operational side of the business. Work on projects, track/deliver/monitor/report on milestones, data visualization, reporting insights that directly impact the project or business. Perform data analysis using disparate sources of information to report on key metrics and health of the business. This individual needs to be a good communicator and have strong technical/functional skills.
- Use Excel and Access tools to produce relevant reports for all levels of the organization based on the project or ad hoc request. Analyze data to identify trends and root causes in merchant-controlled processes. Summarize and prepare findings for both executive and operational team use.
- Perform ad hoc data pulls and analysis to solve one-off data inquiries. This includes using existing reporting tools (e.g. RDW) as well as learning potentially new tools.
- Support the business in understanding and assessing new tools and reporting needs for the Merch Ops team. This includes determining ways to improve existing tools and reports, create job aides to support report use, and provide ideas for what new insights and analytics are needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end reporting process. Look for ways to improve the speed and quality that information is pulled and delivered. Partner with the Manager to implement changes, as needed.
- Deliver accurate and timely pre-established Daily/Weekly/Monthly reporting to the organization
- Communicate exceptions when necessary (e.g., publish a summary of key callouts from multiple reports)
- Maintain/update existing job aids
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have strong excel and analytical skills
- You have Retail Merchandising and reporting Skills
- You have strong Business acumen - demonstrated understanding of quality standards relative to analysis of data and statistics in a retail environment.
- You have clear and concise communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have 1-2 years' experience in retail
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change