Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Operations Manager (Compliance) in New York, New York
MERCHANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (COMPLIANCE)
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Compliance Manager position serves as a key interface between Merch Ops, Merchants, Legal and Supply Chain partners. Responsibilities of the position include reducing company risk exposure and liability; performing business analysis activities at the strategic, operational & organizational level; working with key users in the continual improvements of business processes within the supply chain environment. This individual will be required to act as a subject matter expert in the areas of responsibility (listed below) and work effectively within the organization.
- Operate and coordinate efforts in partnership with merchants, legal and supply chain partners to facilitate projects that improve efficiency and compliance (i.e., PO entry compliance, regulatory compliance, mark out-of-stock (damages), etc.)
- Assess if new concepts/ideas and existing processes will provide the return necessary to warrant project investment through data and reporting analysis
- Ensure proper implementation, assess the relevancy and measure effectiveness of current processes
- Recommend potential areas of change that will streamline the processing of merchandise, reduce damages, reduce buyer workload and ultimately improve company profitability
- Oversee the creation and maintenance, and determine relevancy of Merchant, DC, and Vendor procedures and training materials
- Management responsibilities of 4-5 direct reports, including career and professional coaching and development of associates
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytical and conceptual ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- System savvy; Retek experience a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (excel/PowerPoint)
- Min 2 years of project management experience
- 5 years in retail or consumer products
- 2 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required