Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Operations Specialist in New York, New York
Merchant Operations Specialist
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Merchant Operations (Trouble) Specialist position serves as a support function for the merchant organization and the distribution centers in the resolution of issues that occur primarily during the receiving process at the Distribution Centers.
- *Key liaison between the merchants & the DC *
- *Communicate effectively with all counterparts (DC/Merchants) in order to seek quick resolutions *
- *Operate as subject matter expert in support of the trouble process *
- Effectively utilize merchandising and warehouse systems
- Understand the merchant hierarchy and responsibilities
- Provide basic analysis and interpretation of merchant reports- item sales, on order
- Understand Distribution Center processes
- Create and maintain relationships with DC counterparts
Key liaison between the merchants & the DC Communicate effectively with all counterparts (DC/Merchants) in order to seek quick resolutions Operate as subject matter expert in support of the trouble process Effectively utilize merchandising and warehouse systemsUnderstand the merchant hierarchy and responsibilitiesProvide basic analysis and interpretation of merchant reports- item sales, on orderUnderstand Distribution Center processesCreate and maintain relationships with DC counterparts
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Strong organizational skills
- Some analytical and conceptual ability
- Systems Savvy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- *Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. *
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- *Consistent timeliness and regular attendance *
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically
Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)Strong organizational skillsSome analytical and conceptual abilitySystems SavvyStrong written and verbal communication skillsJob requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.Consistent timeliness and regular attendance Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically#LI-AS4'216604