Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Support Administrator in New York, New York
MERCHANT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Merchant Support Administrator (MSA) role is an administrative function that supports the Merchandising organization. The Merchant Support Administrator enters and updates purchase orders, enters markdowns, and generates basic business reports. The Merchant Support Administrator is dedicated to specific businesses, supporting up to 6 Merchants.
- Responsible for purchase order entry and updates. Receive order information from Merchant and enter into Ross PO system in an accurate and timely fashion. Keep track of and communicate status of upcoming POs.
- Meet departmental standards for quality, quantity and turn time expectations.
- Input designated SKUs for markdown into appropriate merchandising system, as directed by Merchants.
- Produce an on-going set of weekly reports (e.g. On Order Report, Item Sales Report, Sales Recaps) as well as ad hoc business reports as directed by Merchants.
- Work closely with Merchants to gain and maintain understanding of specified business area via frequent touchbases, including key vendors, UDAs, trends, preferred report formats, etc.
- Use Excel to complete appropriate assignments in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with Ross Stores, Inc. code of conduct at all times and in all forms of communication.
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities to ensure all deadlines are met, and resolve any issues in a timely manner by partnering with appropriate business partner(s).
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required
- Some completed college course-work preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Must be a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills and flexibility
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional demeanor and customer service oriented