Ross Stores, Inc. Merchant Support Manager in New York, New York
Merchant Support Manager
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
This position is a support role for the Merchandising organization. Merchant Support Manager is the liaison to GMMs and DMMs, responsible for understanding their needs and partnering with the Merchant Support Supervisor to ensure the team can meet them. Individual needs to be skilled at communication and developing relationships. Responsible for maintaining high standards, consistency, accuracy and timely work in MSA support, and staying proficient in order entry systems to be an ongoing resource for the MSA team.
- Responsible for the human resources management of 1 – 3 Merchant Support Supervisors, who oversee a team who support Merchants in Purchase Order entry & Markdowns. Proactively manages Merchant expectations; sets high performance standards, holds Supervisors to agreed-upon deadlines and provides feedback. .
- Meets with Merchant Support Director and interfaces with Merchant counterparts to understand improvement opportunities and best practices across the entire organization. Understands the nuances between Divisions that require special attention and alternate solutions. Creates and reviews operational reports to understand when the service is working well and when changes may be required. Helps implement improvements across the entire Merchant Support organization.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills. Objectively assesses fluid business situations that may differ from division to division. Anticipates potential problems and generates ideas, insights and solutions to resolve or "head-off" potential problems. Maintains understanding of MSA and Merchant adherence to processes and effectively reports up to Merchant Support Manager on issues related to process compliance
- Responsible for hiring and on-boarding of Supervisors, Coordinators and MSAs. Assists the Director with managing the overall headcount of the group and provides recommendations on where efficiencies can be gained. Maintains a proactive approach to attrition management and understands how to quickly address turnover
Reviews operational reporting to help understand team performance and identify areas for improvement. Synthesizes PO entry/update best practices from MSAs and shares across the Merchant Support organization. Must understand how to implement streamlined processes to their team.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree
- 5 Years of management work experience
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Highly effective communicator
- Must be a team player, exhibiting good communication skills and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills a priority
- Ability to lead and manage subordinates
- Process oriented and prior experience implementing and maintaining strict process guidelines preferred