Penguin Random House LLC Metadata Analyst in New York, New York
DK is seeking a skilled, inquisitive Metadata Analyst to pull insights from a variety of data sources and translate those insights into actionable business recommendations that will drive discoverability for all of our titles. Serving as the corporate metadata expert, the Analyst will drive and support scalable metadata optimization through data analysis and reporting. The position will also advise on best practices and provide data-driven recommendations to marketing, publicity, editorial, and managing editorial.
The Metadata Analyst would join a group within DK responsible for many facets of our US business including, but not limited to, adapting UK titles for our US audience while managing the materials for seasonal meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Updating backlist metadata based on reports from the PRH metadata team and UK weekly copy changes.
• Editing the descriptive copy for Amazon product pages based on the recommendations of the UK editorial and/or the U.S. sales teams, tracking keyword and copy updates on AMS, and creating target lists based on Amazon tools.
• Confirming frontlist titles in an internal database for dk.com and signing-off to release title blocks for frontlist editions in B3 for ONIX feed.
• Creating keywords for all frontlist titles for every season and inputting updates made by the UK team.
• Working closely with the U.S. marketing team for metadata turnover for on sale dates and collaborating with the U.S. sales team on Amazon Advertising promotions.
• Writing SQL queries in an internal database to create optimized reports.
• Creating a list of DK titles and initiatives to enhance metadata to track effectiveness and sales growth.
• Creating a plan to update and review all metadata for selected back-list titles and tracking sales.
• Representing DK in corporate meetings to speak to and enhance metadata practices.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with metadata or data management systems
• Interest in and an in-depth understanding of metadata, SEO, and similar concepts
• Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to fluid and/or changing processes
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to connect data to business applications and effectively communicate results
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency in SQL and MS Excel required
• Experience in PowerBI a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs