Barnes & Noble Mgr, Store Visual Merchandising in New York, New York
Mgr, Store Visual Merchandising
NY-New York (Flatiron)
The Manager of Store Visual Merchandising will play a strategic role in developing and managing standards for store and product presentation throughout the entire store. They will work in conjunction with merchants, promotions and store design to develop in-line and promotional presentation standards. They will also work with same teams to develop annual promotional themes, and support these themes on a seasonal basis with detailed, promotion-specific in-store merchandise presentations with a focus on table displays. The Manager of Store Visual Merchandising will be responsible for understanding the financial implications of design decisions and how to drive sales, profit, and productive use of inventory through the creative use of space, fixtures and display accessories.
• Partner with the VP Visual Merchandising and the VP Creative Director in re-imaging the Barnes & Noble brand through design explorations of space and presentation.
• Work to develop creative utilizations of space to manage the business in new store formats and new store square footage.
• Partner with Merchandising and Inventory Management leaders to understand business objectives and product priorities. Understand labor expense implications and work to optimize spending on store payroll.
• Partner with Promotions and Space Planning leaders to document and administer design guidelines for consistent execution.
• Drive innovation and set the strategy for the overall look of sales floor and merchandise focus displays.
• Creatively develop annual, seasonal, and monthly event-specific visual themes.
• Oversee the overall detail, documentation and store communication plan for the implementation of visual themes for in-store execution.
• Develop and manage budgets accordingly.
• Demonstrated aptitude in driving financial results through space planning and display management
• Compelling visual, written and oral communications skills
• Excellent project management skills (e.g., scheduling and budgeting)
• Travel locally to overview implementation in stores of varying sizes and configurations and travel out-of-state to support key new prototype openings
• Modern and contemporary aesthetic sensibility
• Aptitude in Space Planning tools and Planogram applications.
• A minimum of 8+ years in developing visual presentation for hardlines fashion, home furnishings or fashion accessories specialty retailers
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Illustrator and all Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficiency in JDA
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs