M & T Bank Mortgage Processor III in New York, New York
Seasoned processor with a strong analytical ability to assess conventional and government loan requests based on a thorough knowledge of product, underwriting, and investor guidelines. Responsible for adherence to compliance guidelines and to the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act.
- Maintain effective communication with all necessary parties involved in a new loan application, from the customer, broker, correspondent, loan officer, and co-workers to ensure a seamless and positive application experience.
- Work with various internal departments as well as external organizations to obtain processing related documentation or obtain necessary information needed to complete an application i.e.: Verification of Employment, IRS Transcripts, title search, appraisal, bank statements, etc.
- Immediately notifies all necessary parties of irregularities relative to standard mortgage guidelines.
- Monitor, update and analyze credit reports, appraisals, income documentation, and all verifications to ensure they adhere to product, underwriting and investor guidelines.
- Perform other administrative duties supporting the origination department including, but not limited to: preparing and mailing commitment letters, review title and homeowner's insurance, mailing loan suspend notices, providing the closing attorney with additional documentation, and all applicable processing checklists.
- Ability to scrutinize a loan application to assess qualification, and is able to restructure a loan or recommend solutions.
- Empowered to review and accept loan conditions based on underwriter requirements.
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Strong analytical/mathematical background to evaluate changes to borrower's current fee structure, allowable changes to those fees and the re-creation of the required regulatory documents.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Work closely with both Internal and External Customers such as co-workers, borrower(s) and Loan Officers.
Responsibility to establish and maintain federal registration requirements outlined in the SAFE Act.
Education and Experience Required:
Associates Degree or two years equivalent work experience.
Two to three years prior mortgage processing or underwriting experience.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Good PC skills with strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Email Platform and Adobe.
Ability to make sound decisions based on information provided.
Knowledge of Product, Investor and Compliance Requirements.
Versatility and flexibility working within an ever changing fast paced mortgage environment.
Adapting to new policies and procedures to improve processes and workflow.
Ability to function independently within time constraints.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
Strong attention to detail.
Prioritization of daily workload.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Strong work ethic, reliable and dependable.