Microsoft Corporation MSM Architect (Secret) CTJ in New York, New York
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams , building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach . When you combine that with your own inspiration , plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft Federal consulting helps Microsoft federal customers get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Key accountabilities include:
• Drive and Accelerate production-level Cloud Solutions in line with Customer and Microsoft strategy.
• Make the Market with innovative Digital Transformation and Modernization projects.
• Drive a positive Customer Experience by providing high quality delivery.
• Deliver Business and Operational Excellence.
• In all that you do, demonstrate Technical Leadership: Create Clarity, Generate Energy and Deliver Success.
• The ideal candidate is one who brings both the experience and business acumen of a seasoned professional along with a growth mindset and passion to continuously learn to bring the best solutions to our customers.
• Lead customers to successfully operate their cloud infrastructure, from early adoption to Digital Transformation.
• Lead MSM Cloud Services engagements across the service delivery lifecycle.
• Deliver high quality work in both large-scale project environments and smaller, single-staffed engagement models.
• Engage IT Leaders and Key Decision Makers in discussions related to availability, agility, business value, costs, security management, disaster recovery, and the value of services and process in an enterprise environment.
• Work through complex Statements of Work (SOW) to determine the appropriate deliverables and outcomes and further define as needed.
• Lead technical teams of architects, consultants, and engineers across a portfolio of customer engagements.
• Delivery excellence, exceptional teamwork and collaboration.
• Knowledge transfer and sharing best practices with team members that help enhance the quality and efficiency of customer service and process management.
• Establish effective working relationships with the Microsoft Business Groups by working through appropriate escalation channels.
• Work as one Microsoft to establish strong relationships with Microsoft Field Sales, technical domain (MCS), Customer Success, Account aligned teams, Product Group and other internal resources as required.
• Interact with Microsoft Federal customers, Consulting and Premier account contacts, and Customer Support staff.
• Identify new opportunities and work with account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects.
• Innovate through the development of intellectual property.
• Eight (8)+ years of Consulting experience.
• Cloud technology experience or familiarity, preferably M365 and Azure experience.
• ITIL v3 Expert certification or with significant experience or ITIL v2 Service Manager Certification, and have applied knowledge of real-world environments across the service lifecycle (strategy, design, transition, operations, continual service improvement).
• Awareness of technical knowledge (including Azure, Azure Monitoring, Microsoft System Center, and non-Microsoft products).
• Awareness of other technologies and solution areas such as Modern Workplace, Azure Apps and Infrastructure and Business Applications a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies is a plus.
• Proven ability to connect the right solutions to customer business problems.
• Experience in both Service Support and Service Delivery focus areas Demonstrated experience running an IT operation combined with consulting and project management skills. Awareness of other technologies such as Microsoft Active-Directory, SharePoint, SQL and SQL Analysis Services, and a demonstrable ability to quickly learn and apply technology competencies is a plus.
• Excellent organization, communication, project management, problem solving skills.
• Understanding of Federal acquisition and cybersecurity policies.
• Windows 10, Azure, Azure Monitoring, Azure Stack, Azure DevOps or Azure for Government O365 Cyber Security familiarity/ experience.
• Leading customers digital transformation though cloud services management.
• BS/BA or MS/MA/MBA in Technology or Business or equivalent work experience.
• Advanced operations analysis skills and experience in principals of ITIL/ITSM, Project Management, Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, lean, DevOps, and Business consulting to define appropriate customer solutions.
• Datacenter management and consolidations and competitor tools such as Remedy, BMC, Service Now, etc.
• IT Operations manager or director level experience.
Must be willing to travel up to 25-50% of the time, to be a part of this exciting, growing and awesome team.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs