Citigroup MSS Risk & Controls - Project Senior Analyst in New York, New York
The Markets and Securities Services (MSS) business continues to enhance the In-Business Risk and Control function, specifically delivering the next phases in the development of a robust framework of Front Office booking controls including pre-trade, preventative, intraday, end of day, and detective controls; also reporting of MI to senior business management and oversight committees including Legal Entity boards.
Booking Controls focus on what is booked, where, and why – ensuring adherence to business, desk and individual trader mandates, and also ensuring the integrity of legal entities in preventing material booking errors. Booking Controls also focus on how a trade is booked – ensuring Front Office bookings are accurate, timely and complete in order to proceed downstream and onwards to internal/external reporting and stakeholder groups.
The role is part of the MSS Front Office organisation and will be a key part of the in-business risk & control team responsible for devising and delivering a multi-phase program of booking controls. This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with an in-depth knowledge of traded products combined with a clear understanding of Front Office trading controls.
· Engage in the scoping, design and implementation of preventative controls to ensure a complete, effective and efficient first line control framework across the range of MSS products and systems
· Partner with 1LOD businesses to ensure compliance with relevant Firm policies/standards, also external regulatory expectations and industry standards where relevant
· Lead risk based assessments and gap analyses to review inherent and residual risk associated with trade booking processes
· Partner with Business and stakeholder groups including Technology and Market Risk to design and deliver booking control solutions, both strategically and tactically where required.
· Perform analysis across large volumes of trade data to run proof of concepts and define effective rules based exception logic
· Implement plans to continuously evolve control framework including ongoing migration of detective controls to become preventative
· Work with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives, and investigate control failures.
· Embed new controls into business and legal entity dashboards and Manager Control Assessments (MCA)
· Ensure that relevant booking control standards and control documentation is kept up to date, and booking practices are considered as businesses introduce new products or changes.
Knowledge Experience & Skills:
· Relevant industry experience preferred in MSS or ICG in-business management, operational risk, middle office, technology, product control or other relevant control function
· Strong working knowledge and subject matter expertise in MSS traded products and related control principles
· Experience in leading controls related technology change
· Effective negotiation and relationship skills
· A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
· Proven track record in collaboration across different businesses, regions and/or support functions
· Excellent communication skills up to senior level
· Global mindset, with regional and global product understanding
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Advanced Excel and strong database analysis/management skills
· Undergraduate degree.
Job Family Group:
Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs